Monday, February 16, 2015

Book Review: "A Russian Gift of Love." by T.K.Geering.







Book Review: A Russian Gift of Love. By T.K. Geering.



Author bio.
 I started to write initially in my teens for amusement but began to write seriously about five years ago. I didn’t chose to write fantasy it chose me…

In the past I have lectured to ‘A’ level and Performing Arts students on creative writing. It became an extremely interesting sideline and gave a natural break from editing, reviewing and writing.

Whilst sitting in my garden amongst the Shasta daisies one hot balmy summer evening, I idly watched a spider spinning a web. I was intrigued by the intricate structure, and ease of his accomplishment.  A storyline formed in my mind and I began making notes. My mind was racing, and my fingers were loaded with words. A couple of glasses of red wine and Shasta was born. I then realised there was a sequel lurking within. Another character introduced himself as Erasmus a time travelling lover with attitude. My quick fingers helped him to achieve his time travelling and within a year the trilogy was complete.

Whilst interviewing a publisher for the writing group I belonged to, I was both shocked and delighted to hear that they were head hunting me for publication of my books. The rest as they say …… is history. My writing style has been compared to J.K. Rowling and Jean M. Auel, and my books are now sold worldwide.

Tee Geering writes paranormal romance and is a previously published author.



My Review:

A Russian Gift Of Love is a complex short story. The author T.K.Geering has compacted a fast-paced read, without losing any of the impact of the storyline.

Victoria Houseman is to the casual observer a published author. An author, who likes to isolate herself when she works. Yet we are made aware that whilst she loves writing, and has proven herself to be adept at it; it shields her other life. 

A life where she works undercover to combat terrorism and major crime syndicates. She is a DCI and has earned her rank the hard way.

Christmas holidays are fast approaching, and Vicky looks forward to being on her own. The wind down time essential in such a stress provoking lifestyle. 

Fate has a way of stepping on plans.

Meet Nick aka (Nickoli Morozov) Vicky’s new neighbor, who has his own deadly secrets to keep.

His orders … simple … Kill Vicky Houseman.

A Christmas blizzard, and Nick’s unplanned fall sees the two people pulled together from necessity. Nick's badly sprained ankle brings about changes neither of them could foresee.

The combination of enforced isolation, a blazing open fire, good wine and great company begin to affect both of them.

But … Is it enough to alter what all their training has prepared them to do?

I will not spoil this for you, suffice it to say that what follows will urge the reader on to an unexpected conclusion.

Tight, fast-paced, and enjoyable reading.
 PURCHASE HERE
See More of T.K Geerings work...here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment/review on any of the stories/poems contributed.