Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Write On Wednesdays. #WOW... Book Blog Hop. February week #1.

Welcome to #WOW...Write On Wednesdays

Write On Wednesdays…#Wow  is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Soooz aka Suzannah Burke at Soooz Says Stuff.http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com
A minimum of fuss and a maximum way to gain more followers to your blog and more exposure for your work . It’s free! 

A great way to A) Promote your own work (If you are a writer) Or a publisher.


And then...


B) Share what you are currently reading...


Anyone can play along! It’s simple and fun…Just do the following:

1...Select a random page of the book you are currently reading. Give us the name of the book and it's author...then post up to 8 sentences from that page onto your blog. (Use of the back cover blurb and purchase link is entirely optional.)


2...Now do the same for a work of your own, or any book you wish (If you are a publisher or a non writer)
Share your book cover, blurb...and purchase links. {See my excerpts below)


3…Add your blog name and link to the Linky List below.


The number of other blogs on the list that you care to join and comment on is up to you of course. 

However the joy of this is that you have the opportunity of helping yourself and assisting others to promote their work as well. 

The more blogs you choose to comment on from the list below, the more likely you are to have them follow your own blog…simple.


The current list will grow, you have seven days to comment on other blogs of your choosing from the list. You can come back as often as you wish during that week and comment on more links as the list grows.If you are not already following my blog, I would appreciate it if you do so, (optional) of course.

The list and the teasers will change every Wednesday.

Follow my example if you like...(Back cover blurb is purely optional). You are not required to use it, or the book cover; however it does make for a great looking post.

This week I have decided to promote.


Teaser number #1. Book I am currently reading.

"Nothing Left to Want" by Kathleen McKenna


Back cover blurb...Some fairytale ….

Carey Kelleher was born into the kind of world where you aren't even expected to think twice about acquiring anything you want, whatever the price, and then buying the same thing for a bunch of your friends too because they are, well, friends, and shouldn't be left out just because they cannot afford Chanel designer snowmobiles or Armani pet carriages.

Maybe you were born into that lifestyle too, but just in case you weren't, it involves palatial homes in all sorts of places, an extended entourage for each member of the household, owning football teams and personal jets, and private schools where one-upmanship runs way ahead of academic achievement. You were accepted into the Ivy League university of your choice (well, of your daddy's choice) at birth anyway.

Carey's Daddy is not just a Kelleher, he is the Kelleher, the head of the family that derived its fortune from the proceeds of a pharmaceutical empire some kindly ancestor was thoughtful enough to set up. Nobody in the family, indeed nobody Carey 'Care Bear' even knows, is employed, and she has a Porsche in the garage that hasn't yet been used yet and that was given to her by Daddy who forgot he got her another prestige car the previous year and that she can't drive, having a chauffeur on call 24/7, 'n' all.

It's quite a life, except that when you have all that, you tend to concentrate on what you haven't got which primarily, in Carey's case, is love and companionship. She has a total cold, rejecting bitch for a mother, two sisters she barely sees and an adored Daddy, who is fond and indulgent, but who is emotionally distant and whose time is restricted. Still, she has the gorgeous Marin sisters as friends, so that's a big plus, except that no-one pays any attention to Carey when the magnetic Milan Marin is in the room.

In fact, for Carey, it is mostly a wasteland of a life in which she thinks she is a dumpy maladroit loser, despite being beautiful, rich and intelligent, and it is going downhill fast, until she meets Michael …..

Sentences I am sharing, from page number# 1.
" I came here to the guest house to hide from the sounds of the rats, they
scare me. It hasn’t helped much because now I can hear the horrible
plunk, splash sounds they make when they go into the pool. Maybe they
are thirsty; even the toilet bowls have dried up. There is no water, no
electricity and no heat, for them … or me.

I am so cold and so frightened. I think I am going to die and I don’t
want to die. I don’t know how to save myself and this time no one else is
going to come and save me. No one alive cares about me."

Purchase on Amazon Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Left-To-Want-ebook/dp/B006X7PB94


Teaser number #2. My own work;

"Faint Echoes of Laughter." by Stacey Danson.

 http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/B006X17HGK/ref=sib_dp_kd#reader-link
Back cover Blurb:
.... the shocking and spirited sequel to the much-praised ‘Empty Chairs’.

Life on the streets of Sydney was preferable to the nightmare Stacey Danson had survived in the hell that was home.
She hit the streets running at the age of eleven, and armed with a flick-knife and a fierce determination to live a different life, she began the journey from the 1960s to today.

For those that came to know ‘Sassy girl’ in 'Empty Chairs', and for those caring people that asked how her life worked out from there, 'Faint Echoes of Laughter' continues the story.

For those that haven’t met her yet, this book stands alone as a tribute to the kindness of strangers, the loyalty of true friendships and the way things really are on the streets of any town .... anytime. 

Sentences I am sharing, from Page number # 5.

I guess I still think of myself as six foot tall and bullet proof; especially when it comes to brazening my way through my crazy life.

It only took a few minutes standing in that street, looking at that house for me to realize I was wrong, I was never going to lay all those demons down. 

I had never been bullet proof, I simply presented myself that way. I doubt very much that I had fooled many folks that looked beyond the façade I presented.

Most of my demons and their causes had been dealt with…but not this place…never this place. My screams and pleas for mercy and help went unanswered inside those walls.





Don't forget to add your link to YOUR blog to the list below, where it says "click here to enter" You are next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment/review on any of the stories/poems contributed.