Monday, September 17, 2012

Welcome the winner of Paragraphs of Power August 2012 Jacoba Dorothy.

Please welcome the winner of Paragraphs Of Power contest for August 2012, author Jacoba Dorothy.


Bio:
Hi, a little bit about myself.
I’m the mother of two adorable boys. Who make me smile every day, even on days when they make me cranky.
I live in Australia’s bush capital, where the weather is all kinds of crazy. From snow to sunshine to fog to gale force winds.  But I love it and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.
I work part time as a teacher to children who have English as and additional language and aiding others with their literacy skills.
I wrote my trilogy just on three years ago, not long after the birth of my second child. I found myself at home caring for him and needing something else to fill the void, so I thought I’d give writing a go.
I’d always wanted to write a book, and have been an avid reader for many years. Reflections is that ‘go’ and three years down the track I feel very privileged to be getting it published by Taylor Street this year.
I love chocolate, wearing pyjamas and spending time with family and friends. And I’m an addicted to reading on my kindle and chatting on Facebook and emailing my overseas friends. Much to my husband’s annoyance. LOL






Book one: Reflections

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance

Author:  Jacoba Dorothy


Synopsis of book one

 Reflections:

Jo's destiny is wrapped up in her past by a family legacy and an ancient curse. Time is definitely not on her side.


Jo doesn't know why she inherited a magical ring.
She doesn't know why her father abandoned her when she was a baby, or the truth about her mother's death.
Jo doesn't know a lot about her past.
But she's about to find out.
Jo's life's about to change.

Nearing her eighteenth birthday she's about to discover what really happened to her father all those years ago.
She's on a new path. A path including her first love and friendship.

A path that will lead her to the truth about a family secret held for generations.


Jo's about to face her first real challenge.

Part one Reflections: is just the beginning.

Jacoba's book is due for release September/October 2012 by Taylor Street publishing...watch this space for the release date!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely to read a little more about you Jacoba. Keep us posted on the release date!

    Babs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment/review on any of the stories/poems contributed.